According to the 2000 census, this quiet, primarily residential community is home to approximately 4600 people.

Text Size

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the office hours for the Borough office?

The Telford Borough office is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.  Please note the Borough will be closed for these holidays in 2023:

New Year's Day - Monday, January 2, 2023

President's Day - Monday, February 20, 2023

Good Friday - Friday, April 7, 2023

Memorial Day - Monday, May 29, 2023

Independence Day - Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Labor Day - Monday, September 4, 2023

Thanksgiving Holiday Observed - Thursday, November 23, 2023 & Friday, November 24, 2023

Christmas Holiday Observed - Monday, December 25, 2023 & Monday, December 26, 2023


Where do I vote if I live in Telford Borough? 

WARD #1 – Telford Borough, Bucks County Residents vote at the Telford Borough Community Building, located at 125 South Hamilton Street. 

WARD #2Telford Borough, Montgomery County Residents vote at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, located at 107 West Lincoln Avenue. 


What do I need a permit for?

  • Soliciting in Telford Borough - Click HERE for a Solicitation Permit Application
  • Curb & Sidewalk - Click HERE for a Curb & Sidewalk Permit Application (public sidewalk)
  • Click HERE for a Building Permit Application prior to doing one of the following:
    • New Construction or Additions/Renovations/Alternations
    • Plumbing
    • New Roof or Roof Repair
    • Signs
    • Decks
    • Patios
    • All Pools
    • Electrical
    • Heating/Air conditioning
    • Fences
    • Sheds
    • Roof Mounted Solar Panels
    • Demolition
    Permits are not required for siding or replacement windows.


What is required if I have rental property in the Borough?

Landlords are required to furnish the names of tenants living in their rental properties. Any changes in tenants are to be reported within ten days after the change in occupancy. The form is available at the Borough Office or may be printed from the link below:

Landlord Tenant Change/Update Form


What maintenance is required for a property in Telford Borough?

FENCES - Should not exceed 6 ft in height. Corner lots require special consideration to avoid blocking visibility at intersections.

GRASS - Regular mowing required so as not to exceed six inches.

RECYCLING / TRASH REMOVAL - Residents are required to recycle. Property owners are responsible for the removal of trash and recyclables through a trash hauler of their choice.

SNOW REMOVAL - Sidewalks must be cleared within 24 hours after cessation of snow. Clear a path of at least 30 inches wide.

SUMP PUMPS - Sump pumps cannot be discharged to sanitary sewer.

TREES / SHRUBS - Trees must be trimmed to a height of 8 feet over sidewalks and away from street signs and stop signs. Shrubbery must be trimmed to avoid overhanging onto sidewalks.

CURB / SIDEWALK - Property owners are responsible for the construction or replacement of curb and sidewalk. Deteriorated curb and sidewalk will be required to be replaced prior to any scheduled road reconstruction projects.









50 Penn Avenue, Telford, PA 18969 | Phone: 215-723-5000 | Fax: 215-723-5328
©2007-2014 Borough of Telford Pennsylvania. All rights reserved. Powered by Sitecats® Inc.