Recycling is Required in Telford Borough
Municipal and state regulations require that residents, commercial establishments and non-residential establishments recycle all recyclable materials. Commonly recycled materials include:
- Paper – newspaper, office/copy paper, glossy paper, color paper, cardboard, junk mail, phone books, cereal/cracker boxes
- Plastic – bottles and jugs No. 1-7
- Glass – clear, green and brown containers
- Metal – aluminum, steel, tin, and bimetal cans and containers
- Cartons - food and beverage cartons such as milk, juice, soup, broth, etc.
You should check with your hauler for a complete list of acceptable recyclable materials.
Interesting Facts about Aluminum Can Recycling:
- The average person uses more than 25,000 aluminum cans in a lifetime.
- Recycling a single aluminum can saves enough energy to power a TV for three hours.
- It requires 95% less energy and water to recycle an aluminum can than it does to create an aluminum can from virgin materials.
- It is estimated that over the past twenty years, we've trashed more than 11 million tons of aluminum beverage cans worth over $12 billion on today's market.
- Aluminum takes 200-500 years to fully degrade in a landfill.
- Recycled aluminum can be returned to store shelves in as little as 60 days.
- About 120,000 aluminum cans are recycled every minute nationwide.
- More aluminum goes into beverage cans than any other product.
- We use over 80 trillion aluminum soda cans every year.
- At one time, aluminum was more valuable than gold.
Additional recycling information is available on our municipal website or on the Northern Montgomery County Recycling Commission website (www.northmontcorecycle.com).